Off and running in style!

Donegal Celtic 1-4 Dundela 15/08/17 Premier Intermediate League

Our first game of the season at DC. Thanks to Stephen Rankin for the photo.

The Duns got the new season of to the best possible start with this comprehensive victory over DC.
With new signings McBride, King, Hughes and Burns in the starting line up the travelling Dundela support arrived with hope that we could get our league campaign of to a good start.
They were not to be disappointed as the men from the east blew their hosts away with a stunning first half performance.
The Duns controlled the game from the off with Celtic rarely getting out of their own half, the only surprise being that it took almost thirty minutes to break the deadlock.
Curtis Browns run down the left and an exchange of passes left the fullback clear and his perfectly placed cross into the goalmouth was side footed home by Jordan Morrison who had remained in the area following a Dundela corner.
Within five minutes it was two and unbelievably it was defender Morrison again who this time met a McMaster free kick with an unstoppable header.
Almost immediately  it was three as the DC keeper failed to hold on to a shot from Hughes and captain fantastic Mark McClelland followed up to place the ball into the back of the net.
Incredibly there was still time for another Dundela goal before the break when Daniel Burns escaped his marker and finished Gary Irwins free kick in style.
The half time whistle sounded soon after to bring some relief to the shellshocked Celtic players and fans alike.
HT 0-4

The second half was a mere formality for The Duns although Celtic did put up a better showing, however McBride in the Dundela goal was rarely troubled. A couple of long range efforts which sailed high over the bar the best the home side could muster.
Meanwhile at the other end the Dundela strikers were finding things a little harder than in the first, never the less chances were still being created but unfortunately were unable to add to their first half tally.
DC did grab what was merely a consolation goal with fifteen minutes left when Deery fired an unstoppable shot from distance past the diving  McBride.
Still Dundela looked for another goal with Hughes and substitute Jackson having half chances before another sub Black having a fine shot saved by the DC stopper.
When the final whistle went Dundela fans applauded their players off the pitch delighted with a fantastic performance.
FT 1-4

This entry was posted in Reports. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *